Thursday, October 22, 2020

I'm Kinda Annoyed


I'm currently in the process of doing one last Lp before spending the rest of my night's free time converting, tagging, scanning, organizing into folders and filing the next big batch of digitizations. It's a lot more work than you might actually imagine if you don't do this on the regular with lots of records at a time.

Unfortunately the Lp I'm doing is more hacked than I expected or it looked. There's two songs with very big skips in them from scratches. But it's a compilation Lp and those are not the songs I bought this Lp for. In fact they're not even very good songs to begin with.
 But it's the principle of the thing.

I want to at least not enjoy them terribly much on their own merits without physical interruptions.

Is that too much to ask?








The Last Detail (1983)

As near as I can tell this band called Mission is from Baltimore.

They put out a follow up three years later called "When Thunder Comes" and then decided that would be a better name for the band than Mission. (which was probably a good call on their part Discogs shows 21 bands using that moniker and more than a few were contemporary) When Thunder Comes released one more Lp in 1987 and then nothing more was heard.

Everything I know I parsed from their Discogs page.

It's a dark Nu Wave flirting with a just a hint of Goth. Chorus pedal, flange bass and I swear I heard a gong.

Just about right as Halloween nears.

Grab some black eyeliner and your fingerless lace gloves and Doc Martens and enjoy as much as your eternal ennui will allow.










1 comment:

  1. You know what, discard unnecessary DC staple "Stepping Stone" and you get good 6-song mini-LP; chorused and flanged New Wave with a bit of black eyeliner and all... My eternal ennui allowed enjoyment of it last year. C+ / B- for Baltimore.

    ReplyDelete