Saturday, October 10, 2020

Ok, Here's That One Song.


Hard to get around it.

Here's that one song that you may know.

(this also marks a moment when I've got an even hundred posts queued up to almost a year ahead of me. That's a lot of shit..)



Echo Beach (1980)

It's still a great fucking tune.
Martha and the Muffins

Perfect for daydreaming to at the office waiting for your lunch half hour.



Was Ezo (1980)

I should also point out that this was the fifth goddam single they released in 1980 along with two full lengths. A lot of the singles contents would end up on both. Still. that's a lot of activity for one band. That's a Fall/Billy Childish kind of output. Be impressed.

1 comment:

  1. I am (belatedly) impressed. They were very productive in 1979-80 indeed. Band name was counter-productive. Anyway, all 5 singles are excellent! Super cool art wave B-sides. Thanks. Now I'd buy same period albums without blinking.

    ReplyDelete