Tuesday, August 17, 2021

It's Getting Later in the Summer

 

The Dog Days are upon us and we're already past the equinox.

But it's still warm and the sun is still hot.

So we should enjoy some fast fun silly summer type tunes while we still can.


Fiction Romance, Fast Machines (1998)


There's something utterly irresistible about kids playing loud garage songs for the sheer joy of making a huge fucking racket. It's a timeless thing.

So here are the Rondelles.

The band formed when they were still in High School.

This album came out 23 years ago, so if the band members were at least 18 when they made it they're already in their 40s.

Now I feel really fucking old and much less personally timeless.

Good thing I have loud primitive records made by teenagers to remind me of a misspent youth. (Misspent because I really ought to have engaged in much more sex, drugs and rock and roll than I did. And worn hearing protection...)




No comments:

Post a Comment