Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Sure. Why the Fuck Not?

 

I didn't really feel ambitious about posting anything. I have no particular thing I want to say or put out there.

This caught my eye.

So here we are.


Jam Tarts in the Jakehouse (2008)


the Bitter Tears.

I had absolutely no preconceived ideas about this band when I purchased this disc on the internet as a two dollar add on to a larger order I was placing. I saw it. I listened to a couple of Youtube videos and decided I would add it to the order and the collection because I kind of liked what I heard.

It certainly didn't hurt its case that it was released on Carrot Top Records. The label that gave the world the Coctails among others.

A contemporary review gave it a 7/10 with comparisons to Neutral Milk Hotel and the Shins.
While I may quibble with the reviewer's perceptions, I'm not going to necessarily argue with their ultimate score there. But then this does have some of the earmarks of an album that could grow on the ears with each subsequent listen. So who knows where we'll be a few more years down the road.

For whatever reason this seems to be their swansong. They existed until they didn't.
Enjoy it as such.


No comments:

Post a Comment