Monday, August 30, 2021

Judy's Judy's Judy's

 

Yeah. I may need another gin and tonic.

For better or worse, it's been that kind of week.

But I'm off work and have Duke Ellington live at the Southland Cafe in Boston from January 1940 blasting in the background while I type so there's that.


 

Moo (1985)

The second full length by the Judy's.

It's called "Moo" and the title track is some soothing music with the band mooing along with it.

There's also a nice little dance number called "Ghost in a Bikini" that has nothing to do with some of my experience with Sims 4, but I'm not exactly denying it's a possibility.

But best of all they offer some really solid advice to the youth of then and today looking for an identity to hang their self identity on in those/these troubled time. Don't be a Hippie.

Truly powerful stuff.

What I do find irritating is that in the early part of this century the band did release compact disc versions of both these albums along with the singles and eps they also recorded. But apparently in very limited quantities and they currently go for stupid prices for compact discs. I'm not stingy, but I do have some economic sense not to pay ransom money for them, but still. It'd be nice if they'd do another release of the material or somebody like Rhino or Numero Group would take up the cause.
I want more Judy's.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment