Friday, April 15, 2022

The In Between

 So when this posts will be the day I that Robyn Hitchcock comes back to Minneapolis.

I have a ticket and I'm looking forward to it. I've seen the guy probably 30+ times since the middle of the 1980s (around "Fegmania", if I remember correctly)

If I'm lucky, I may have a chance to chat with him a bit again. He's been like this ongoing acquaintance for the last thirty years who has absolutely no memory of ever encountering me before in his life. It's actually kind of funny to imagine and even funnier when I consider that he's probably one of the longest running acquaintances I have in my entire life.

He added a second show as well the next night and although I'm very tempted to go. (He always plays a very different set on consecutive nights in the same place), but another friend's band, Annie & the Bang Bang, is playing as well and I haven't had a chance in too long to see them.
Plus I get to feel like a bon vivant flitting about on sequential nights for the rock and roll.

Anyhoo...


Practical Footwear (1998)


Sodastream

This falls into that nebulous area where it's labelled as an Elongated Player, but there's seven songs and it's a solid half an hour which would qualify as a feature length in another time.

Other than that, I'll just cut and paste the profile from Discogs:

"Sodastream is an Australian duo of Pete Cohen and Karl Smith, who produce songs from lo-fi to melancholic pop. They formed in 1997, ceased the project in 2007, and returned in 2013."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment