Friday, September 19, 2014

Little Mysteries

Sometimes it's interesting to go back and google stuff that you haven't in a long while. I've had this lone single by Macs for some time. When last I had a particular hair up my butt to see if I could find any information about them there was nada. Maybe an entry in Discogs, but otherwise zip.



Now when I go to type this post what should I discover but a nice article entitled "Unraveling the Mystery of Forgotten Seattle Pre-Grunge Band The Macs". Now I don't have to type anything more. I like both sides of this. It's got a picture of Stanley Kubrick on the cover (probably filming "The Shining") What more do you want?

I just recently picked this one up. Last week. Played it for the first time when I digitized it. I know/knew nothing about the band, but the time period was right and the highlighted xerox cover spoke volumes. I think I paid twelve bucks for it. They were well spent.



It's a fair bit of UK style DiY and what other people call Post-punk. Loud clanging guitars and a heavy back beat. It represents the third of three singles according to Discogs. I'm going to have to keep an eye out for the other two. It also seems that John Peel was a fan. They did three Peel Sessions and he purportedly financed their second single.


No comments:

Post a Comment