Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Everything's coming up Boyracer

Another thing that changed amidst all the other crap that's been going on while I've been doing this cruddy blog is that I started working overnights. I work 12 hour shifts from 7pm to 7am. Then on my days off I don't even try to flip myself back to "normal" hours. It would just be too hard on my system going back and forth. I work better on a set routine. It can make life difficult sometimes.

Here it is now a nice Spring afternoon and I'm groggy as fuck since it's around 4pm and I just forced myself out of bed on a day off so that I'd experience at least a small part of it. I may even attempt to go out for a bike ride. I've added a bunch of Boyracer back to the phone to listen to while I pedal. It's good pedaling music.

That was my transition to today's installment.



AUL 36X (1994)


Things jelled quite nicely on these two seven slabs of distorted noisy pop nuggets. Nothing overstays its welcome. (ok, "Spindle" is almost a full five minutes long, but it works. So you just shut up.)


Best Flipstar (1994)


And for whatever reason, I can see across the back alley and there are a couple of Tween boys in their back yard apparently practicing throwing knives at something from a pretty short distance away. It's been going on for a while. As somebody who once was a young boy back in days so old that they have a filter named for them for today's teenage selfies, I know that things will not end so well for something once they grow tired of their current target. Such is life. At least the window is open for me and the cat (who is safely inside) and there is green lace of new leaves on the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment