Sunday, May 31, 2015

Grind Your Teeth to even more Boyracer

I've got a a really intensely shitty toothache under an old crown. Got in to see my dentist and he drilled a hole to relieve some of the pressure. I'm scheduled for a root canal next week. Eating is pretty much off the table for a while and the constant dull ache even now makes me want to punch a baby.

I think I'm may have to utilize nature's best dental analgesic to numb the pain for the evening.

Irish Whiskey


In the meantime gird your loins, set a determined grimace and muddle along in quiet agony to the angsty sounds of even more Boyracer...


 Tour split w/ the Ropers (1994)

I don't think they swung through here on this tour. Wouldn't have mattered. I wasn't aware of either band at the time.




This is one of the other Sarah Records ep's. There's still a third one that I haven't quite decided to splurge on and just go ahead and blow what feels like too much money on getting. Some other day without an incessant dull throbbing in my jaw perhaps.





This wasn't my introduction, but this is probably the biggest catalyst towards feeding that inner record collector drive to hunt and gather all the Boyracer material I could track down. It's chock full of hissy lo-fi goodness, random noises and my favorite version of "You're Breaking his Heart". It's also full of yet more answering machine messages between tracks (something like the dial up modem sound or phones with cords that the youth of today won't understand.) that are vaguely amusing the first time through, but rapidly lose their appeal upon subsequent listening.  I've conveniently separated them out as individual tracks for your playlisting convenience. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment