Thursday, August 11, 2016

From a Land Down Under

[10/12/17 - So I got a notice from Mediafire that Julian Knowles of Even as We Speak had reported this post so I'm removing the links.

And as it says in the sidebar here. I post this stuff out of love. It's things I like and want to share so other people can hear it, but if anybody responsible for the music in question is unhappy,  just let me know and I'll gladly take it down. 
For the most part the few times in the past where someone who's band it was stumbled upon my cruddy blog they were glad somebody was still listening a couple of decades later. But everybody is different and I respect that.

So if you're interested in Even as We Speak follow the link to their website and get new stuff from them. (Not these though. They're long out of print. Try Discogs)]






It's still that same day in March I was talking about several posts ago.
My jaw still hurts.



Nothing Ever Happens (1990)

The band is Even as We Speak.  This was their first seven inch for Sarah Records. It incorporates their previously released 1989 "Goes So Slow" 7" on Phantom and adds a couple more songs. "Blue Suburban Skies" and a cover of New Order's "Bizarre Love Triangle" which had been a Top 10 hit in Australia back in 1986.

That should be enough to go on.


One Step Forward (1991)

Their next release. Also on Sarah Records.  It's another record by Even as We Speak. Yep. That's what it is. (see above for more info)



No comments:

Post a Comment