Thursday, February 23, 2017

On Your Breath or Tires









I'm pretty sure that I like the idea of Foetus (aka Jim Thirwell) much more than I actually like the music. 

Which isn't to say I don't really dig some of his other projects. Steroid Maximus is lit as the kids might say. And anyone who is in any way connected to the genius of the Venture Brothers is already a winner in my book.

But these two, while very good efforts just aren't in very frequent rotation on my turntable. It feels a bit like he tries to hard sometimes. But it's all intentionally over the top and in your face and all those kinds of descriptive phrases. It gets to be a bit much for me sometimes.

I  post them now for your edification and discretion.
You may in fact be into that sort of thing.
 

2 comments:

  1. I still remember first hearing Clothes Hoist on John Peel's show on BFBS. I bought the album. As a lot of FALL records untill the early eighties. Thanks for archiving their back-catalogue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. late eighties, early nineties that should be; cheers

    ReplyDelete