Thursday, February 2, 2017

Blacking out vs English Professors


Next couple of posts I've got new additions to musical acts I've already posted.

This may or may not be a good thing. I like to imagine it is.

But this is my collection and I tend to quite enjoy my purchases.



So if you've been following along at home, you may vaguely remember a post from a while back of  the first two singles by Blackouts. If not you can head on over to that and have a look. I'll wait....


So here's their 1985 swan song on Wax Trax! Half the band would end up joining Ministry around this time and Mr. Al Jourgenson himself took the producer's chair for this release.

I don't know. I'm a bit distracted. The tv is on and I'm barely paying attention to my own typing.

Just listen to it. I was a bit taken aback when I first threw it on the turntable. I would have absolutely hated it in 1985, but I would have been completely off base in my assessment.

So suck it, past me! You pompous music snobby little shit.




Meanwhile




This is the Black Watch. This is what happens when an English Professor forms an indie pop band.
My wife likes them.  They have a lot of releases. She has some of the cds and I'll probably pick up more of it as I come across it. Make of that as you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment