Saturday, March 10, 2018

Lost Potentials


I'm a bit lost. It's Sunday night and starting to get late. It's also my week long stretch off work and I feel like I haven't really accomplished fuck all in the last three days. I mean, we did go grocery shopping and made a Costco run and I got most of my ducks in a row for the next big seasonal post queue, got a haircut and did a couple of loads of laundry, practiced some ukulele and cooked Maple Garden Eggplant but there's still that nagging feeling that I should have done more.

I'm not even any kind of an overachiever but still I feel like I've wasted my time because I slept, watched TV and played some video games.

And to top it off I've spent most of my awake time today working on stuff to post. Maybe that's why. That does seem kind of pointless...

Here's Lily Liver:




Lily Liver (1994)

I don't really remember much about this band except that they existed. I don't think I ran into them ever playing with another band I liked. I probably did. I just don't remember it. I don't remember a lot of stuff that happened in the early to mid 90's. (and remember more than a few things from then that I would like to have forgotten.)
But this single exists and it's quite good pop in a handmade sleeve. Both sides.

There is nothing more I might add or say that isn't already covered in this article from City Pages from 2011 except that listening to this again tonight reminded me that I need to track down that full length cd tomorrow.

Speaking of brief existences



West Coast Rip-Off (1995)

The Cherry Smash put this out in 1995 then changed their name to Spectacle. Nobody told me. Spectacle is a terrible name.

I quite like "Airport Girl" and had kind of forgotten that this record existed. I'm glad to be reminded.

No comments:

Post a Comment