Friday, May 11, 2018

The Homer & Jethro Project #46


I made a great meatloaf yesterday and I've been awake long enough now that I'm really starting to get a bit hungry for a couple of slices.
I make a damn good meatloaf.

#46





April 1963 - lsp-2674 - Go West

A themed Lp with another Jack Davis cover. A second stab at "El Paso" It looks like most songs here are originals or old enough folk songs that the tune will be familiar enough for most that I don't feel the need to link anything. Go ahead and listen and enjoy without a referential net.
It builds character.

Joe Bean
That Darling Still Of Mine
Ol' Paint
Roll On Deoderant, Roll On
Oh Give Me A Home
Whoopee Ti Yi Yo
El Paso
Freda On The Freeway
Streets Of Weehawken
Down In The Alley
Oh Top Forty
I've Got No Use For The Women






























2 comments:

  1. For my money, Ben Colder, and Homer & Jethro were the best examples of Jack Davis' album cover artwork matching the music contained on the album.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And he did so many of their covers. Such a distinctive style. I know there are people who collect these albums just for the Jack Davis artwork

      Delete