Thursday, May 24, 2018

The Homer & Jethro Project #52


#52

It's actually been a few weeks since I last put a post together for this project. But I have the advantage of doing these months out in advance so I get to have my yearly Fall bender and try and catch up with that and the Hüsker Dü box set on Numero Group while this can sit and stew for as long as it will. It will still be here and still be months ahead of me for whenever I get around to picking it back up again.

There's even yet a few items I need to pull the trigger on and others to digitize and lots of other recent arrivals that I've really yet to sit down and gone through. It's never fucking ending.

At least it's less expensive than a meth addiction and I get to keep my teeth. Plus the records are reusable and some gain value, so like, totally worth it for whoever gets my shit when I'm dead. (if the people in charge of dispersing it aren't complete morons and just chuck it all in a dumpster...)

But we're here for Homer and Jethro







May 1966 - lsp-3538 - Any News From Nashville

I'll be honest, this is not my favorite of their Lps. It sounds like they had some fun making it, but it's way too Nashville inside joke to really resonate with me 52 years after its release. It's more or less kind of a throwaway for me, but other people's mileage may vary.

I mean, I usually listen to what I'm posting about while I type so I can remember what it is that I'm posting about. In this case, I'm not. I'm listening to Hüsker Dü.

No comments:

Post a Comment