Monday, May 28, 2018

The Homer & Jethro Project #54


#54

I've still got more than a dozen of  these posts yet to do up at the moment, but I am pleased to say that I just yesterday scored one of the early singles that I've been looking for an original copy of for many  years already. If you've been playing along at home all this time, you've already been enjoying the upgraded fruits of my search for the elusive "I've Got Tears in my Ears/She Made Toothpicks of the Timbers of my Heart" for a while now. But as I type this, I have yet to actually receive it. There's a decent placeholder rip from somebody else sitting in the queue. I eagerly await the opportunity to swap it out for my own copy because it's mine.

It's a matter of personal pride.



January 1967 - lsp-3701 - It Ain't Necessarily Square

Following up half a decade later from "Playing It Straight" the boys throw down another straight up instrumental record of all playing and no jokes. There's some recent hits thrown in with another batch of jazz standards and as always a double helping of Ellington tunes to cap off the festivities.

I have no issues with any of this.

  • A1 Call Me
  • A2 Lil' Darlin'
  • A3 Broadway
  • A4 More (Theme from "Mondo Cane")
  • A5 Cute
  • A6 Liza (All the Clouds'll Roll Away)
  • B1 The Shadow of Your Smile (Love Them From "The Sandpiper")
  • B2 The Sweetest Sounds
  • B3 Shiny Stockings
  • B4 Satin Doll
  • B5 Take the "A" Train

No comments:

Post a Comment