Thursday, July 26, 2018

More Familiarity


I kind of set myself a three post quota for the past few nights.

This is the third post.











Short Stories (1989)

The Black Watch are this guy's band. They are better than the kind of pretentious picture on the front page of his website would imply.

If you want to scroll back to February 1, 2017 on here there's another single by them.

Of minor interest (and mostly because I  just learned about this stuff right now) is that the violin, guitar, vocals person on this particular 12" ep (and part of the Black Watch up to 2002), J'Anna Jacoby (who let her website die in 2014) was apparently the California State Oldtime Fiddle Champion: Junior Division in 1975 & 76, but she also earned her mortgage at the beginning of  the century by playing in Rod Stewart's live band which I hope paid well. (I mean, Rod seems like he could likely be a pretty Ok person, but I have a very visceral dislike of his recorded output.)

The More You Know...

No comments:

Post a Comment