Saturday, September 21, 2019

Just


Whatever. I'm on a roll
and there are poppy seeds.
They make my ass itch.


Are either of these singles a revelation of goodness?
Not really, I'd actually debated whether or not about posting them at all individually, but I do like to bundle names and concepts together.

So here we are.




Hook, Line and Sink Her (1977)

From Tampa, Florida came Just Boys who were Power Pop but leaned a bit more heavily on the Rock side of that equation. 
Nice hair though.



I Can't Grow Peaches on a Cherry Tree (1966)

This is a 1960's Folk Rock duo by Al Gorgoni and Chip Taylor who together and separately wrote a shit ton of songs in the 60's. Chip Taylor being himself responsible for "Wild Thing" which I shouldn't have to remind you of. It's already in your head and irritating you just reading that. (He's also the hand behind "Angel of the Morning" which almost negates any good he ever did.)

Google the names and see how many you know.




No comments:

Post a Comment