Friday, December 25, 2020

Oh Fuck, It's Christmas.


This can only mean one fucking thing.

I have to dig up some or other fucking novelty Christmas song for your fucking entertainment even though I really really fucking hate Christmas songs.

But then I've been saving this fucking gem for just this fucking occasion.

The Christmas song is actually the worst thing on either record...




Punk Rock Christmas (1977)

The Alan Milman Sect featuring "Punk Rock Christmas"

It's a very tongue in cheek take on both the idea of a "Christmas Novelty song" and "Punk Rock" and which is still a lot more punk rock than fellow New Yorkers Television ever were. (There I said it. Somebody had to. And Blondie were always a fucking Pop band.)

But "Stitches in my Head" is one that's been comped a shitload of times and deservedly so.

Come for the Christmas novelty song and get some actual punk rock in the bargain.

Here's an interview with the man himself in anticipation of a reissue of some of his recorded output




Spankathon (1978)

But wait, there's more!

Essentially the same band. New name. Still smart asses. Still fast loose and dumb just like your mother made you.

"Spankathon" is the hit and one that would go on tapes for friend for years, but the really nice Surf treatment of Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue" is something I go back to for myself.

Merry fucking whatever.

2 comments:

  1. Hey awesome blogger!! I've become a relatively recent fan of your blog getting some super cool shit the last few months and now digging deep into your archives as I've been warned that they may soon be toast. Towards that I'm almost through 2015, but what I'm here right now to say, besides thank you very kindly, of course, is that this post rules, as do so many others, and that I'm on vacation and drunk and might be posting comments throughout the day as my whim and coherence allows.
    Cheers from San Francisco!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll pour myself out a G&T and join you while I read them

    ReplyDelete