Thursday, December 31, 2020

You're on Your Own This Year


Happy fuckin' New Year.

yea.

I'm all out of Fleshtones Lps to spring on you, so you will have to sort your shit out without me this time.

I will only offer something to ring out and in that I quite enjoy..





Tricia Yates Fanclub (2009)

So I was in Seattle having flown out for a first time opportunity to see the Scientists for likely the only time I'll ever have the chance. They played with Mudhoney. It was awesome. The Airbnb was fucking brilliant. I got to hang out with a dear friend. It was a great time.

While I was there and on our last day, I had to make the trip to the further reaches of the city to find Jigsaw Records (which has since relocated to Portland). It was a slow drizzly Sunday and Chris had been thinking about closing when I showed up and spent a shitload more money than I had intended. But it was well worth it. Chris is really cool and we had a long conversation about our mutual love of all things Velvet Crush, the Fall and of course, Boyracer.

That led to him to pull this Lp out by Tricia Yates Fanclub out with some insistence that I should buy this too. He was not wrong.

This is yet another Stewart Anderson solo side project and as good as it ever gets.
Fast, messy, lo-fi and with plenty of Stewart's distinctive amateurish drumming.
12 songs interspersed with dialog from some English TV program from days long gone.

The very stuff of rock and roll at its finest.

So here you go.

I'd also very much like to encourage you to buy your own copy. Jigsaw (as linked above) has vinyl or 555 Recordings bandcamp page has it along with a plethora of other things you may or may not enjoy for download.

Help fund another Tricia Yates Fanclub lp.
The world could use it.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the great vinyl rips from your collection. I've subscribed myself recently to SS Club. Plenty of stuff for me... Cheers. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're enjoying it. That's the stuff that makes this all worthwhile.

      Delete