Friday, March 19, 2021

I'm Annoyed Again.


It's almost May 2020 my time.
Still alive. Still sheltering in place.
Hi ho.

You might not be able to tell from the weird run on sentences and such but I do occasionally go back and sort of proofread this crap. I'll clarify stuff if my phrasing is weird. Put the links in that I occasionally miss and generally clean up the messy bits.

And it still comes out like it does.

So tonight I'm doing some of that and I find that of the last few rounds of this I did that half the pictures didn't upload. I ended up spending a couple of hours poring through nearly a year's worth of posts reupping sleeve scans. Irritating to say the least.


Here's some pleasant indiepop to soothe our collective souls.






Sugarstar (1998)


Poussin is the word for a young chicken, usually less than 28 days old before slaughter. Some times referred to as a "Spring Chicken"
There we both learned something today.

Poussin is also the name of this particular band that hailed from Tokyo, Japan.


I didn't look too hard, but did come up with a bio on the label website. Unfortunately it was in Japanese. Thankfully there is Google Translate which only makes it better.


"Biography:

Nakagawa Aya, a member of Colenimo who was active in 1995, started as a trio solo unit in 1998.
In 1999, released 1st 7inch single "sugarstar ep" from Clover Records. Later members joined and developed into a band form. In 2003, the song "boy friend" of "pop jingu volume2" was used as an insert song for the popular American drama "Joan Of Arcadia".


This is girly indie guitar pop! One-and-only sensibilities that will make you laugh. The kitsch and sparkling sounds are cute like The Softies and Bunnygrunt."

Couldn't say it better myself.




Appendix (1993)



Iris. Yeah, not exactly an easy google for this one, but based on a pair of compilation appearances they were likely from Derby.

They did manage two each singles and full lengths. This is the first one.
You'd think with that output there'd be something more to be found.

Unfortunately I don't have a bio to run through Google Translate for you.

You'll have to just make up your own.

It's strummy and wordy and I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment