Tuesday, July 13, 2021

One for the 13th

 I got nothing to say.

I do have a compilation lp for you though.

That's nice.

The Iowa Compilation (1987)


This imaginatively titled record is compilation of bands from the state of Iowa.


01. Drednex - Sally Anne
02. The Hollowmen - Never Ending Ceiling
03. Full Fathom Five - Why Their Faces Are So Worn
04. Dangtrippers - Sidewalking
05. Claude Pate - My Turn
06. House of Large Sizes - One and a Half on a Hill
07. Cursing Birds - Popey Sally
08. Shellgame - The Dam Has Broken
09. David Brooks - Music Boy
10. The Shy Strangers - Heat Ray
11. Moveable Feast - Teddy Through the Grass
12. The Eclectics - When I Was Young
13. Four Million - War and Peace

Unlike the state itself, it doesn't generally smell like pig shit. 

(I'm sure that there's a lot of Iowa that is lovely and smells wonderful, but my experience driving through a vast flatness with the stench of porcine manure pits wafting through the air vents. So take that assessment with a grain or two.)

An early appearance by House of Large Sizes is always welcome in my neck of the woods.

a comment on a different blog's post of this says that this was the first in a series of five compilations put together by the a University of Iowa college radio station from its yearly Battle of the Bands.

You can decide your own winners here.

No comments:

Post a Comment