Friday, October 29, 2021

So October Pulls to a Close

 

We're a couple of days away from Halloween.
I'd thought about cranking out a special post for the day, but didn't get the single I wanted for it.

It's out there, but was never in good enough condition with a decent price whenever I looked.
So there's that. 

Maybe next year.

Long Night (1996)


This time out it's a double 7" on Siltbreeze. Of note is that for the second record Roy Montgomery is joined with the ever elusive and fabulous artist Bill Direen (who Chris Knox told me one time is crazy. Chris Knox said someone was a bit nuts. Let that sink in for a minute...) and on the flip by the Barbara Manning who deserves reconsideration, but that's me.



Just Melancholy (1996)


So Roy Montgomery went on to record and release a whole lot more stuff as the decade went on, but my focus shifted and this seems to be the last thing I picked up at the time. Seems apt.

Go and have a pumpkin spice something and gaze absently out the window into the gathering dusk and consider the fleeting impermanence of life and happiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment