Sunday, October 10, 2021

This One. You Need This One.

 As per usual, I'm hungry again.

I should finish up some Chinese leftovers after I post this one by the Mint Chicks.


Crazy? Yes! Dumb? No! (2006)


Look, I'll be straight with you. This is by my meager and humble estimate one of the most criminally overlooked releases of the second decade of this century at least in the US.

It very deservedly won a bunch of homegrown awards in New Zealand.
Album and Single of the Decade no less for the title track. 




But nobody paid it any attention in the States.

It probably didn't help that it was only released here on a small weird label that specializes in soundtracks and then two years after its initial release. 

But still...

This is one you ought to hear. Trust me. I would not steer you wrong.

(I mean, if you went down that YT rabbit hole after the first post, you already know.)

 Here's your chance before the hipsters find it and ruin it like they did Neutral Milk Hotel when they "discover" it in a couple of years if they ever do at all.

2 comments:

  1. I took the title to heart, and DLed this a few days back, and I'll be damned if I've listened to anything else since. Thanks for shining your light on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right?
    It's fucking brilliant.
    Jump down the Youtube hole too. Worth it.

    It needs to be heard.

    ReplyDelete