Friday, November 26, 2021

Ahead of the Game

 

I don't know.
I went a bit overboard with a somewhat expected windfall and spent a shit ton ordering things online in the past month. It's kind of ridiculous really.
I have more music than I think I'll ever really have the time to listen to and the pile just keeps growing and growing.

Then I rip it and eventually trickle out some of it here and there and you face a similar situation except without the scarcity of shelf space and filing issues that I have.

I mean, I have like nine plus days worth of Duke Ellington music. That's just fucking crazy to me. But here we are....

I need a drink.



Girlish (1995)

Discogs tells me that Racecar at one point went by the name Paint for a track on a compilation called "10 Cent Fix". Duly Noted. It's probably for the best that they changed the name. there's also a track by Racecar on the "Pop American Style" compilation that I'm pretty sure I already posted. (But I'm too lazy to check on that right now) 

All relevant links to the band have long since gone dark, so this is about all we have to know. It's enough. The music has to stand on its own some day.

It's middle 90s indie/power pop with female vocals that was the perfect thing to pop onto a compilation cassette as part of ye olde pre-Tinder dating rituals when the youth roamed the pre-internet wastelands looking for love and affection.

Unfortunately for today's on the go youth they won't be able to share any of this album on a Spotify playlist for a potential mate. It's going to be here or nowhere.

Good luck.

If this helps even person get laid it will have been worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment