Saturday, December 4, 2021

Getting Back to the Roots

  So it's been kind of an eventful fucking year and I still haven't fully gotten the apartment up to snuff or even gotten the Lp collection unpacked and back in place. I'm kind of just going through the boxes of Lps that need to be digitized and putting them away as they get done.

We'll likely be moving to another place before I get even part way done at that rate.

But between that and the ungodly amount of compact discs that I've been purchasing at cut rate prices because they're available and nobody buys them I've been kind of neglecting the backlog of seven inches that have been sitting around and filling out other online music orders. It's really been my coping mechanism for a stressful year and a half.

So tonight I'm doing even more singles to add to the glut of nearly 20Gs of shit in the "In Process" folder. The goal tonight is to get 20 digitized in total and at some point the ripping, scanning and tagging process will begin and go on which is going to be like an eight hour process. There's shit in there that goes back to last January when I was recovering from COVID and that was about all I was physically capable of.

So let's get back to our blogging roots and throw some seven inches up in this bitch..



Watercolor Sunset (1994)

A collaboration between James Rao best known as Orange Cake Mix on multiple labels and Joey Maddalena from a band called Names for Pebbles who had a record on Blackbean and Placenta Tape Club which also put out some Orange Cake Mix stuff.

This record is however on Sunday Records which means you as a devout follower of the SSC already have an inkling of the pleasant pop music that it contains.





Three Sixty Degrees (1999)

Southend-on-Sea band called the Windmills. Formed in 1987 and which survived until the third year of the 21st Century. This is the only thing I have by them. 

So far.




No comments:

Post a Comment