Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Here's Something Else From Iowa

 

I just took a shower. I start my 76 hour work week tomorrow and feel like I didn't manage half of what I wanted on my off week.And later on tonight I will be roasting a whole chicken stuffed with some of the leftover bread I've made lately.

 So anyways...

I've been having a bit a conundrum. Am I posting lots of stuff here because I'm on a neverending hoarding situation buying music to expand my bloated collection now that I am finally in a place where I have some folding money or am I buying lots and lots of stuff because I fear that despite having thousands of individual items I will somehow run out of things to post because it's something that gives me a tiny bit endorphin boost to my fragile being?

Either way you come out on top usually with a years long tradition of top quality music posts amidst subpar ramblings and run on sentences that are hardly ever proofread or edited for quality. I mean, I even have barely enough time to listen to the stuff I've been hoarding. It's scary.


But lo!

Here comes one of those aforementioned "top quality posts" e'en now!
Away to it then, good sir.



Skeletal Emotions (1985)


So I was looking back on the Mediafire thing I've been using for this for the duration of its existence and saw that in the seven and a half years I've been doing this nonsense I've posted almost thirteen hundred files going back to August of 2014. That's a lot of stuff.

And on occasion I have had cause to make a point of noting when there's something especially worth the time of your average listener. (Which is obviously not you, of course. You're obviously a person of considerable discretion and taste.)

This is one of those.

On July 13 of 2021 the offering was the creatively titled compilation of Iowa based bands, "The Iowa Compilation" which had the track "Heat Ray" by the Shy Strangers.

Now I offer up the rest of their recorded output.
Starting with the inaugural single when they were still just the Shy.

Once again if I were to be able to helm a series of compilations of jangly skinny tie wearing pop songs from years gone past the song "Skeletal Emotions" would figure highly on the first volume.

That is a recommendation of the highest order.

 



Indian Name (1986)

So while the single above seems to be getting a bit pricier over time the follow up elongated player is still available new and sealed direct from Pravda Records via Discogs at a fraction of the cost.
And it has "Skeletal Emotions" on it as well as other songs that aren't quite as inspired, but you're not going to regret the purchase.

Entirely worth it.





No comments:

Post a Comment