Saturday, March 26, 2022

Don't Mind Me

 So yeah, I've been a lazy slug this past week and only now realized I'd let the queue run dry.

But then again, I was just stuffing some cabbage rolls, so it wasn't a total wash.

Besides, I saw Guided by Voices again last Saturday and they were fucking incredible.

Three hours. Close to sixty songs. A fucking master class.

Hit almost all my personal highlights.

So I've been listening to nothing but GvB and other Bob Pollard related things for days now.

And ordered or hunted down thirty different discs going back to 2001 without making a dent in Bob's output. It's scary. 

And made worse by my compulsive need to complete discographies.

I think that's why I gave up way back when...

Anyway.

Here's the Barnabys...



Delightful Browns (1992)


The Barnabys were from Philadelphia. They released a number of things on the SpinArt label, so you know it's something more indiepop based.

One former members bio page calls them "Commercial Folk Rock" (I didn't link it since that's about the only related thing I saw on the page and was too lazy to dig any deeper)

Is it apt?

I dunno. We can go with it if that's how they saw themselves.



Shinola (1992)


Shinola was the brand name for a popular boot polish founded in the 19th Century.

It is also the name of this seven inch.

If you're discerning you'll be able to tell the difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment