Friday, March 18, 2022

I Don't Know Anymore

 So...Week off as usual. Did a fuck load of nothing in particular, but I did get out of the house to see some music this past weekend, so I have that going for me.

Played through a bunch of the "Uncharted" series on the Playstation which had been part of my original package, but which I had completely ignored for the last five or more years to play other shit. But the PS+ games this month sucked again, so I decided to just run through them. (Haven't finished it, but Uncharted 3 has been kind of the weakest of the lot so far.)

But then as I play I have flashes about how completely psychotic this stuff really is. I mean, Nathan Drake shows up someplace and just casually slaughters twenty guys at a pop with absolutely no remorse or regrets. Granted it's all self defense for the most part, but still...

It's mindless stuff though that is intended to play out like an action movie and all of that's part of the trope, but sometimes I wander around the area after an extended battle picking up extra ammo and just wonder at all the corpses littered around in the aftermath....

All of which has nothing to do with this, but it was something on my mind


No Less the Trees than the Stars (1996)

Purple Ivy Shadows.

Providence, Rhode Island via Charlottesville, VA & NYC.

The stuff I most like by them is the more shoegazey stuff, but there's more gears at work on this their inaugural full length. I can honestly as I haven't sat down and played this on all the way through by itself. Currently I have other things blasting away in the room so I'm relying on hazy impressions. I think I liked a lot of what I heard and was less impressed by other bits.

I have a couple of singles that precede this though and I do believe that I will have more to say about them when I get around to them.

Some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment