Sunday, July 3, 2016

Balloons & Emotional Cripples


So I went on a vacation in January. I had a layover in Seattle. I have a friend there I haven't seen in many many years. I met him for a quick drink at the airport. I missed my connecting flight. Shit happens. So I got an unexpected day to spend in Seattle. When I woke up hungover the next day I did what I do best, I went record shopping until it was time to go to the airport. I found this





They were apparently from Silver Spring, MD. There's precious little to be found on the internet. No Youtube videos. It's some quirky shit with an electric violin and probably more than a little bit of Zappa influence, but more New Wave. The songs are "Tuna Tonite" & "Assassination Candidate"

I just appreciated that sometime in the last few decades somebody took the time to draw some boobs on the cover girl.


 

Looking back I posted the other Delphobics single on February 9. This is their other one. The A-side is "Emotional Cripple".  I can relate.

No comments:

Post a Comment