Wednesday, July 20, 2016

So I was doing 12" vinyl for a bit


I was kind of caught up with where I wanted to be with the singles thing and was a few months ahead of myself in terms of posts in the queue, so I went ahead and pounded out an array of long players for myself.


Among them was this 12" slice of psychedelic weirdness and wonder by Ant-Bee which is the musical pseudonym of one Billy James, producer, author, musician etc...

It's an odd duck. I heard nothing even remotely like it until the Olivia Tremor Control came around to kickstart my brain and begin the Elephant 6 obsession that would plague me for years. But this. This eluded me. I'm still not completely sure what to make of it. It's music. It's psychedelic. It's very strange, but then not so strange. Strange enough. There are apparently former members of the Mothers of Invention involved as well as the Magic Band. If that means anything to you, then you may want to have a listen under a black light.

No comments:

Post a Comment