Sunday, July 17, 2016

Not really Hawaiian


Yeah, so another 12" ep kind of day.


I've seen this around for years. I've kind of avoided it. I remember that when I worked at a sandwich shop in Kenmore Square back in the early  80's and we got to make our own mix tapes to play while we worked, Greg put "Baby Judy" on one of his and it got played a bunch. 

And ever since the "Up up, Baby Judy" part from it has been one of those terrible things that bounces around my brain on occasion much to my own horror. Relentless and ever present. So I kind of ran from this thing. Eventually enough time passed and I found a cheap enough copy and the courage to try and exorcise this demon from my skull by some other method than trepannation. All the songs are the first side and then they get turned again into some kind of unholy medley in the "Baby Judy Extended Mix" that comprises side two. You don't need to listen to that. 

But now I'm somewhat free and now I bestow the curse of "Baby Judy" upon your skull. Good fucking luck with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment