Thursday, July 7, 2016

Lost then Found


I found a single that I wasn't aware I'd misplaced.





For whatever reason this had gotten itself stuck in a weird pile of terrible Polish new wave crap that I'd gotten in a package deal with a couple of singles that I actually wanted from eBay. I'm not sure how that happened. It just did and there it was. So here's Nebraska.

It's some really sweet Power Pop shit that probably got them laid a lot back in the day in Lincoln, Nebraska. They deserved it. This is good shit.



Europeans (1978)

A year later to just as little interest to the world in general Europeans released their namesake single "Europeans" which is a nifty little toe tapper with some expensive sounding synthesizer styles and a song that they had such hopes for that they rerecorded it for their only other single on a different label. It apparently didn't do much to lift their profile. They broke up shortly after.

No comments:

Post a Comment