Sunday, August 23, 2015

Blacking Out

It's still early. I've had my coffee, but need something to eat and a quick rinse and then it's a day that I'll spend cooking. I need to make a pie with the blueberries we got from the Farmer's Market as well as some Harvard Beets from the (at least) ten pound bucket of beets we got from the same. There was a third thing too, but I can't think of it right now. Doesn't matter. You don't care. Here's a couple singles by the Blackouts.   


So if you took the time to follow the Wikipedia link you already know that this band originated in Seattle in 1979, moved to Boston for a couple years (I don't remember them) and then ended up in San Francisco. There's some Ministry connections and the drummer ends up working for REM.



Exchange of Goods (1981)

Adding to the confusion their third release (after a 12" I don't currently have) is on a UK label so for the longest time I thought they were two different bands. I mean, the singles certainly sound like they could be different bands to me. They just grow up so fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment