Wednesday, August 29, 2018

I'm Stalling.


It's bright and early on a Saturday morning and I've been up all night per usual. It's the time I might normally be going to bed, but the landlord is here fixing the toilet and bathroom sink. I have to be up for it.
Well, probably not, but I doubt I'd be able to sleep in the room next door to this activity.
So I'm digitizing records and making with the posts. (I also hope the downstairs neighbor is at his girlfriend's if he wants to sleep in...)

Problem is that I got some new stuff that needs to match up with stuff that is already done and just waiting for the typing part. It's a dilemma.

So instead I'm going back through and seeing what I missed.

Which brings us to this post.

Now you're up to speed.


the Catholics (1980)

I don't know diddly about these guys except that the label is Washington DC based, they do a very white medley of James Brown hits and the other side is a pretty decent tune called "Motor Drive".
That's all I needed. I spent a dollar or less if I recall.




the Cartoons (1983)

The studio they recorded this is in Glasgow. I will assume that the band also hails from that same city.
One side is called "Gee George"

They also do a cover. This time it's a cover of Roxy Music's "Love is the Drug".  What does it sound like? Look at the picture of them on the back cover.

Like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment