Thursday, August 9, 2018

Lost Classics of an Era Long Gone


I have no intro here. I'm kind of hungry.

Let's just get on with the show...




Bob (1980)

"Hey man, what's your band's name, dude?"

"uh,...Bob."

That in itself is enough to endear these San Franciscans to my tiny crunchy black heart. But then you apply the flat vinyl  disc to the turntable and I'm totally smitten. Two sides of wonderfulness.
Side one beginning with the immortal words "You always want to go to discos/I want to go to cheap motels/Keep trying to teach me how to jerk off/ And your name ain't Isabel..." while the flip is a 2:49 love letter to Thomas Edison with a great guitar noise solo.

I don't know anything about them beyond this record. I don't need to. It's enough.




Keith Richards' Dead (1978)

I don't know what's more unbelievable, that this record by Cincinnati's Ed Davis Band  hasn't been more widely celebrated and comped and beloved by record collecting scum of all stripes or that as of the time I am typing out this post, the premise of the A side still has not come to pass forty fucking years later.

I mean, just ponder that for a bit.



Bowie's gone. Lemmy has passed but Keith just keeps on and on and on...

(The B side "Asshole" has been comped on one of those "Bloodstains Across..." collections, but really.)

This one's money...

1 comment:

  1. Bit More about Bob here

    http://rerunrecords.blogspot.com/2011/03/bob-things-that-you-do-7-now-available.html

    https://www.discogs.com/artist/1007711-Bob-26

    ReplyDelete