Saturday, August 18, 2018

Um...Yeah...Whatever



Another day. Another post.







Civil Rice (1983)

I'm not sure what I'm actually supposed to make of Einstein's Riceboys. They're kind of an odd gumbo of contemporary ideas in a single package that missed the mark a bit more often than it hits it. A bit of punk rock, some synth nonsense. Post-rock, New Wave, Annoyance. It's all in there.

Maybe I'm being harsh. I haven't really listened to this very much. But the initial impression was that I really didn't need to. Perhaps at a future date I will revisit it and change my mind, but for now it's an interesting period oddity out of Milwaukee that may or may not appeal to the average consumer.

I don't know. You listen to it. Tell me what you think for once.

2 comments:

  1. A few good tracks on here - There's an earlier [1981] LP

    https://www.discogs.com/Einsteins-Riceboys-Milk-Of-Amnesia/release/3664779

    With a link to a few of thw tracks on You-tube

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's on my wantlist, but I honestly still am a bit confused by this one.

    ReplyDelete