Friday, October 26, 2018

Hand v. Switchboard


A quickie. I'm doing other stuff plus eating.
I don't always multi-task very well.



I Gotta Know (1978)

As previously noted a few posts back (10/10/18 to be precise) this is the original recording of "I Gotta Know" as done by the Human Switchboard. It's on Clone Records as well. It's also a farfisa driven garage rocker. That shouldn't come as a surprise. Listen to both and decide which recording you prefer.



Blue Eel (1981)

 So at the same time that Bob Pfeiffer from the above band was revisiting the A side of that single with his new band, the Housekeepers, Human Hands got their shit together and put out this wonderful little single.
Everything you may want to know about this band is on their website. But it should also be noted that there's some strong connections to the LA Free Music Society and other assorted wonderful art damaged nonsense in their collective discographies.

I'll shut up now.

1 comment: