Thursday, October 4, 2018

Back to Rhode Island


Here we are again. I need to go to the store and drop off a check at the practice space for this month's rent. I am currently not doing that. I'm doing this.
It's not a problem yet, but it will be.

In the meantime, here's Honeybunch



Hey Blue Sky (1989)

Honeybunch was the band that Jeffrey Borchardt had before and during his tenure in Velvet Crush. It's a lot more twee than the powered pop of Velvet Crush. This first one was on the Bus Stop Label.



No More I Told You So' (1991)


More of the same. This time on Slumberland. I was introduced to them via the "Why Popstars Can't Dance" compilation that I posted here years ago.



Walking into Walls (1991)

Yeah, this is the song that first caught my ear. Perfect fodder for Tapes for Girls that was how music nerds attempted to woo women back in the dark ages before Tinder. It worked sometimes. You had to make lots. It was a numbers game. This one was on Summershine.

No comments:

Post a Comment