Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Oh the Humanity


I need to wrap this up and make some stew.
I'm hungry.



I Live in the City (1980)

The Humans were from Santa Cruz, CA.

They put out a handful of things. Were signed to IRS and the faded back into the aether like so many bands did. "I Live in the City" is a pretty solid Nu Wave rocker though.

But for fuck's sake, nobody really needed another version of "Wild Thing", let alone this rather tepid one.



Play (1980)

IRS seemed to have some faith that these guys could move some units because they went all out for a double single pack for this release. "I Live in the City" makes a return engagement along with another nice skinny tie number "Play".
I could have lived with just that, but there's more.

The other disc is two live tracks: a warmed over midtempo ode to "Tracy" and a passable pass at "Pipeline" that has all the sex appeal of the Eugene Levy cosplayer on the cover. I pass.

Less was probably more for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment