Tuesday, January 29, 2019

A Hard Drive Died


So, the main hard drive where I had stored my digital files shit the bed.

But on the bright side, since I believe strongly in redundancy the back up was fine and only a couple of months out of date. But since I had all my recent files elsewhere it ended up being not so painful a process as you might expect. Recent rips were on my phone and all the vinyl .wavs are on a different drive. So it ended up being a matter of re-ripping four records that I didn't have otherwise somewhere else and retagging a previous rip of a Cd I got in the last couple of weeks.

So let this be a timely reminder.

Back your shit up, motherfucker!
The files you save may be your own....




the Inspectors (1985)

I picked this up blind. I had no idea what they might be like, but there were a couple of clues that it might be something I'd be interested in.

1.) The Title made me wonder if they were doing a cover of the Grodes song made more famous by the Chocolate Watchband. (It's not, but I didn't know that until after I bought it.) It's actually an original song.




2.) There's a cover of "The Beat Goes On" by Sonny and Cher





3.) There's a song called "Dead Girls Don't Say No"

I'll admit that #3 was really what sealed the deal.  How could I resist?

I could not.


They were apparently from Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Not much info on the internet. Not much needed. It's some pleasant AOR New Wave with some nice old school synth action that probably got them laid now and again so long as the women didn't pay close attention to that song about a serial killing rapist...

According to Popsike.com some poor schmuck shelled out $200 for a copy in 2011. But in 2016 someone else got a bargain at $20. The copies on Discogs currently start at $60 but the median sold price is $35 so who knows what this may or may not be worth. I paid considerably less than any of that so I win, I guess.

You get to hear it for nothing. So in the end we're all better off.

No comments:

Post a Comment