Wednesday, January 9, 2019

The Real New Wave is Real


I have leftover Indian food, but I'm unfortunately out of beer.

It's always the little things.

Life is a constant struggle.






Don't Feed the Fashion Sharks (1983)

Here we are. It's 1983 and the Dark have made the big jump to the major label subsidiary Relativity Records for what would ultimately be their swansong. It's another groovalicious New Wave joint full of the same blend of goofiness and danceability that defined the previous record.

That being said. It's not my favorite. It's very mired in the sounds and production of 1983 and sounds almost quaint and a bit thin for my liking some 35 years later. I don't actively dislike it, but it's not something that I'm going to seek out on a regular basis.

Your mileage will vary. I'm probably just going to play "Judy" from the first single again.

No comments:

Post a Comment