Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Two Great Tastes


The cat has had her dinner. The wife is sleeping or at least trying to. It's late at night and I got a large package of new things in the mail today very cheaply and while I type up these posts I'm simultaneously digitizing some of them on the other computer.

I'm also restocked on beer and made chicken adobo for the first time yesterday.

It should be a good night.


Wavelength (1980)

When I was a lad, I used to spend many a summer vacation hanging out at my grandparent's house in Washington DC. At some point in and around my middle teens I must have heard this on the local college radio play some tracks from this Insect Surfers ep.. "I'm in Gear" is an earworm of deceitful type proportions. And in those heady long lost days I purchased a copy of my very own.

Somewhere in the intervening years I sold it. I began regretting that decision. But there we are. I regret quite a few records I sold. But as luck would have it, I did eventually find another cheap copy to call my very own. It's this one.

It answers the burning question of what happens if you cross an American New Wave band with a Surf band. The results more or less speak for themselves. Quite positively.
As an added "bonus" there's a very odd stab at Wire's "Ex-Lion Tamer" to round out the process.
It is by no means the highlight of this set.

No comments:

Post a Comment