Friday, May 10, 2019

Lo-fi-fo fum


It's hard to come up with words to describe music while listening to other music.
I'm not so good at that kind of multitasking shit.

It gets even harder when you have to get up every five or so minutes to flip over the single that you're digitizing on the other laptop and you're listening to the record and typing.



As young Sarah Lynn was wont to say:

That's too much, man!




Me, My Drums and You (1998)


According to something else I read, Busytoby is an side band featuring members of Champaign, IL's own Wolfie which may or may not make it more enticing a listen to some.

 I'm not swung either way. I listen to this entirely on its own merits.

Lo-fi recording, cheap keyboards and strummy guitars on Parasol Records.

I'm in.


The Unlonely Songwriter (1999)


The other one on 100 Guitar Mania Records has a cover of Donovan's "The Sun is a Very Magic Fellow" on the b-side.

All in.

They had me at a Donovan cover.

2 comments:

  1. OH. MY. GAAAAAAWD. I have been looking for these singles for AGES. I like Wolfie, but I frigging LOVE Busytoby. I listen to their lone full-length CD all the time. And these other tracks have been very elusive. You've made my day. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parasol Records has both available new via Discogs if you want your own physical copies. Eight bucks plus shipping for the pair plus probably a bunch more things you're looking for.

    I've ordered more than once from them and have been very happy with it. Still have a large list of stuff in my cart I haven't pulled the trigger on yet.

    Free shipping for orders over $75. It's not hard to get there with them. Believe me.

    ReplyDelete