Friday, May 3, 2019

It's Been a Little While


Pop. It's presumably Spring here in the Northern Hemisphere when this pops out of the queue and onto your screen. A time of rebirth and green and warm breezes.
That usually calls for pop music in my world.

And because I haven't done an Lp in a long while it seems

Here is one.






Cecilian Ann - Un Segundo (1998)

Not long ago, as of this typing anyway, I bought a bunch of 90's pop stuff off of Discogs for really really cheap. Like $0.25 for a record cheap. I got a lot of stuff from this guy in two different orders of indie pop stuff from the end of the last century.

This is one of the things I took a gamble on. I couldn't really lose, you know. If I liked it, I win because it was ridiculously cheap. If it sucked. I spent next to nil on it.

I won.

Cecilia Ann are/were (?) a Spanish band on Elefant Records who presumably named themselves after the Pixies cover of a song originally by the Surftones. (I make this assumption this based on the fact that Cecilia Ann's sound owes a lot more to the Pixies than to American Surf music.)

It doesn't matter anyway. "Tengo SueƱo" is a good tune. They sing in Spanish. And I like this record.

So there.





No comments:

Post a Comment