Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Them Them Them

I'm having another record night with some of the things I picked up on a recent jaunt to Seattle, WA. To be honest I spent way more money on records than I really planned or wanted to, but we were only there for a few days, so it was buy it or regret it.

I can mostly afford the records, but I don't have time for the regret.
Middle age is like that.

One fun thing was flipping through the $1 cd bins downtown. Cds are apparently very out of favor these days and some things just don't sell anymore, if they ever did in any capacity to begin with.


Me. Me. Me. (1995)

So yeah, I picked this OOP gem by Air Miami up for a single US dollar. I count this as a complete win. I may be wrong, but know I'm not, that the Washington DC band Unrest deserve another look and posthumous critical reappraisal for their recorded output. They covered a lot of ground in their brief existence leading into Mark Robinson's record label Teenbeat. (which also needs to be looked at again in hindsight)

From the ashes of Unrest, Robinson and Bridget Cross formed the even briefer existing outfit Air Miami which picked up where Unrest left off and a bit further.
It's lovely.

The tl:dr of which is that this their third and final full length is fucking wonderful.

There I said it.

 I can't be bothered to look up and link them, but I know there are a couple of singles also posted sometime last year.

Happy?

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow... I've never heard this. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do a search here. There are a couple more singles posted (or maybe to be posted. I lose track)

      Delete