Wednesday, January 6, 2021

4 Sides. No Shit.


As per usual I'm typing this up months and months previous to it posting.

I might not normally even be doing this tonight but unfortunately for me the television I would otherwise be occupying my time with wasting my life playing some worthless video game on suddenly crapped out on me in the middle of watching something on Netflix. (Well, not exactly "watching" so much as it was on while I fiddled around with a guitar which is my personal form of "practice")

So here we are. I have to wait it out until such time as I can get to a store and replace the fucking thing that I probably depend too much on for my personal entertainment.

In the meantime I've decided that for the sake of my own personal karma I'd drop a post of the most wonderful old school punk rock shit I had in the SSC folder.

Here's some fucking lemonade.



Achin' (1981)

The Plugz.

I could blather on about the importance of this band in terms of who they were and what they accomplished and became and all that crap. But you can read up on the Wiki if you need. I don't really care.

What I do care about is how fucking great a song "Achin'" is.

And that's really all that matters.
Trust me.

The flip is a nod to their Hispanic heritage and where they fit in as young punks and thus perfect in its own way.

This was a present to myself for working some long ass overtime. It wasn't exactly cheap for what I usually am willing to spend, but I have zero regrets.

The band would later rerecord a version of "Achin" for their second Lp "Better Luck" but it really lacks the raw immediateness and passion of the original.

Accept no substitutes.




White Stains (1979)

The Molls.

I'm pretty sure this has been comped multiple upon multiple times. Deservedly so.

They were from Boston and were led by Tristam Lozaw who would go onto lead Someone and the Somebodies that I posted a while back.

This is much better.

It's loud, crass, funny and punk fucking rock.

The flip on this is a song about the famous 70s exotic dancer known as Chesty Morgan who was endowed with an extremely large bosom. (And if you're wondering is still in fact alive as far as the internet tells me.)

Also fortunately for me, I didn't have to pay a premium for this one. I got it for a couple of bucks in the 90s because it was from Boston and Peter Prescott from Mission of Burma played drums on it.






1 comment:

  1. (A-) for "Achin'" & (A-) for The Molls single (I've heard it before, believe it or not) w/ dear Peter Volcano Sun Prescott. (unfortunately studio wasn't best suited for the drums, that's why there is a minus)

    ReplyDelete