Thursday, January 14, 2021

Not Quite the Same, But Close Enough


I can't help it.

I like patterns.

So here we are again.

Massachusetts vs. California in the 80s.

Round 3.



 The Spirit's Still There (1984)

Boston. A bit Goth.

These guys were the first local band I ever saw back in high school. Some friends and I hopped into somebody's parent's car and drove into the city for our first ever all ages show at someplace in probably Allston. (I seem to vaguely think it was in an empty storefront somewhere around Commonwealth and Harvard st, but it's more a feeling than a fact.)

I believe I still have a flyer for the show even packed away.
The bill was Primitive Romance, Native Tongue and Boy's Life.

We were young and it was fun and cool to see bands live and up close and approachable and close.



To Know Him is to Love Him (1980)

The Wigs.

San Diego.

Never had the pleasure, but this is a really sweet slice of 60's style dayglo pop.

You can never go wrong with a Farfisa.

A Side is a cover of an early Phil Spector tune originally recorded by the Teddy Bears.

I like this better.

No comments:

Post a Comment