Saturday, January 30, 2021

Still Alive Somewhere in your Past


I'm typing this from the great quarantine days of April 2020.
Still alive and kicking as of then.
So you get a few more posts since I don't have a whole lot going on around here otherwise.



Monterey (1999)

The Write to address is Brooklyn, so I'm going with that.

This is the sole proof of the existence of the band that called itself Monterey.

Nice strummy indiepop from the waning days of the 20th Century.

A fine example of the time and genre and vinyl when almost nobody bought it.




I Know a Girl (1995)

Meanwhile and in the same general time period and area, All About Chad concluded their four year run of pop songs about girls with this single ahead of their sole full length "Down in Front"
That's about all I know or feel like I need to know at this juncture.

No comments:

Post a Comment