Tuesday, February 23, 2021

The North Will Rise Again


My wife is hungry.

I need to make this quick.

This is the 700th post on this silly exercise and about a week ago it apparently topped 100k page views. (he types as an update maybe six months after popping it into the posting queue)

Crazy.




Make It Better (1991)

Jangly UK indiepop from the Gravy Train who hailed from the North of England which if I am to understand things correctly is kind of like the UK's version of the US South.

Released on A Turntable Friend which always put out quality in both content and really really nice pressings even in the depths of the 90s when cheap and quick was the order of the day.






St George's Way (1993)

Three singles and a handful of compilation appearances are all that remain of the Gravy Train which is quite a shame. There's a certain timeless quality to them.

Though to be fair it just might be that I lived through that time, so it doesn't sound out of place to me nearly thirty years down the line.

It just sounds like I remember things sounded.

I don't really care though. I enjoy both of these quite a bit.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. We'll see how this goes since lately I've been considering adding a third one of these to the mix to handle just indiepop. Not quite there yet, but in the back of my head...

      Delete